COURSES & GATHERINGS @ STONES COTTAGES: NEW FOR 2019
This year we will be starting to run courses and arranging gatherings that focus on green crafts, wildlife, well being and also sustainable living. It was Dot & Brian’s original dream for Stones Cottages also to be a retreat centre. We hope the cottages are already providing a relaxing and engaging retreat for our guests away from their busy lives, however this year we hope to move one step closer towards Dot & Brian’s original vision.
Starting in Autumn 2019 we will be running short retreat courses at Stones Cottages. Firstly a green woodworking course where you will be able to learn how to make a beautiful three legged milking stool. Secondly a weekend retreat course to make a practical and colourful willow basket. The courses are fully catered and all food is vegan or vegetarian. Please click on the links below for more details.
We also are opening the cottages out for gatherings. The idea behind the gatherings is that people with a common interest can meet together to focus on their interests but without being lead by a tutor. This would be suitable for artist groups, geology, walking groups, historical groups and also wildlife enthusiasts.
Running your own course or gathering
Similary Stones Cottages are also available for you to organise your own courses or gatherings please send us an email or give Dan or Shani a call to discuss your ideas or requirements. Once we know your requirements we can give you prices for use of the three cottages and catering costs. You are welcome to also use them on a self catered basis.
The three cottages provide the following accomodation:
- Two double bedrooms with en suite
- Three twin bedrooms with en suite
- 1 twin bedroom with shared bathroom
- 1 double bedroom with shared bathroom
- The Workshop kitchen and lounge is used for food preparation & dining
- Sunset lounge will be used for the courses.
- Harmony lounge can also be used as a quiet relaxation room.
- The yurt can also be used at certain time of the year in the centre of the courtyard as additional tuition space.
- Please note: there are 14 beds in total but the indoor (Sunset) course space is only suitable for up to 7 people dependent on the activity.