COURSES & GATHERINGS @ STONES COTTAGES
Following on from our most enjoyable willow basket making courses. We will be adding more dates for 2020 and 2021, starting with another three basket weaving courses in February and October 2020 and February 2021. These will be tutored by Clare Revera who has taught for the Basket Makers Association and teaches City and Guilds Accredited Training.
Continuing from our successful beginnings in Autumn 2019 we will be expanding our number of short retreat courses at Stones Cottages. Our next course is a weekend course to make a practical and colourful willow basket. The courses include a delicious lunch and all food is vegan or vegetarian. Please click on the link below for more details.
We also are opening the cottages out for gatherings. The idea behind the gatherings is that people with a common interest can meet together to focus on their interests but without being lead by a tutor. This would be suitable for artist groups, geology, walking groups, historical groups and also wildlife enthusiasts.
Running your own course or gathering
Similarly Stones Cottages are also available for you to organise your own courses or gatherings please send us an email or give Dan or Shani a call to discuss your ideas or requirements. Once we know your requirements we can give you prices for use of the three cottages and catering costs. You are welcome to also use them on a self catered basis.
The three cottages provide the following accommodation:
- Two double bedrooms with en suite
- Three twin bedrooms with en suite
- 1 twin bedroom with shared bathroom
- 1 double bedroom with shared bathroom
- The Workshop kitchen and lounge is used for food preparation & dining
- Sunset lounge will be used for the courses.
- Harmony lounge can also be used as a quiet relaxation room.
- The yurt can also be used at certain time of the year in the centre of the courtyard as additional tuition space.
- Please note: there are 14 beds in total but the indoor (Sunset) course space is only suitable for up to 7 people dependent on the activity.